There is lots to see and to do in the neighborhood. To give you a flavour, we’ll list just a few, but there is much more. We are more than happy to point you in the right direction to discover this authentic area of Northern Spain.
- First, let us introduce our own village - VALDERREY.
With its 18 inhabitants and 6 ostriches, this is the village you'll be staying when you're residing with us. Going back in time without a time machine... It is possible! Walk through the village, visit the church, and enjoy the countryside. When you walk back through our gate, indulge in the luxury of today, in your room or just relax by the pool.
FIESTAS: starts second Saturday of August.
- Visit historical cities such as Astorga, León, Ponferrada, Zamora, Salamanca, Valladolid,...
- Camino Frances Santiago de Compostela - From Astorga to Ponferrada and beyond, it's like walking with the pilgrims, an experience not to be missed. Of course you can do these by bike or by car if you prefer.
- Las Medulas - This is a Unesco heritage site. Too nice for words, you just have to see and enjoy it!
- Lago de Sanabria- The biggest glacier lake in Spain. It makes for a wonderful day trip at an altitude of 1028m and can be easily combined with a visit to Puebla de Sanabria.
- Puebla de Sanabria - Its position high on a bend protected by the confluence of the rivers Tera and Castro, made Puebla de Sanabria the scene of a great many battles throughout history. In addition to having a beautiful historic quarter, this town also enjoys a privileged natural setting, since its township is located near the Lake Sanabria Nature Park.
- Enjoy one of the may beautiful and tasteful vineyards like Ribera del duero, Bierzo, Ribera Sacra... A perfect opportunity to visit a vineyard and taste one of the many lovely wines.
- Teleno Mountain - At an altitude of 2188m it’s practically on our doorstep. You can admire the mountain from our garden, and then walk, climb, cycle or drive onto it, whichever you prefer.
- Valporquero - Situated in the heart of the mountains of Leon you will find one of the most beautiful caves of Spain. They consist of 7 galleries to be visited, each with an impressive structure which create beautiful shades. The lighting in the caves creates a magical atmosphere and lets you admire this natural wonder from close by.
- Action ! - For the more adventurous guests we also have a nice offer. We work together with several local organizations which have been active for several years in organizing adventurous trips such as rafting, kayak, caving,...
For example, let yourself by amazed by an exciting canyoining tour. During this tour you will walk, swim, climb, jump and slide. An unique experience!
Let us know in time in case you would you like to experience one of these activities during your holiday with us.